Due to the shortened season and uncertanty on when restrictions would be lifted, the Provincial format has been modified. We hope to return to our Female Provinical Championship Tournament in 2023.
League chamionships will be determied using the formats below.
The Female Provincials will be held for the top two teams in each league after the semi finals.
Back up date for AAA, AA, A Semi Finals weather cancellations will be April 9.
Back up date for AAA, AA, A the Provincials weather cancellations will be April 16.
A league championship game will be held for the top two teams in each league after the round robin has completed
Back up date for C Finals weather cancellations will be April 10
All league playoffs and Semi Finals will be subject to Regulation F22 as well as the following:
- Both March Break weekends will be used in all leagues.
- Weekday evenings can be used for make up games where possible.
- If a game in the the provincial playoff round robin ends in a tie it will be recorded as a tie.
- Overtime will only be used in the Semi Finals
- The Hockey Nova Scotia Tie Breaking formula will be used to break any ties after the round robin.
Playoff Game Rescheduling Minimum Player Update
Due to the short time frame to get the playoff schedule completed before the Semi Final date of April 3rd there is not a lot of time to get these games played.
If games are to be rescheduled it MUST be officially agreed to by both teams and Regional Directors, ice time booked, and forwarded by a Regional Director to the Scheduling Committee within 24 hours of the original game time. If not the game will not be rescheduled.
- If a team does not have enough players, due to COVID, it will be entered as a 0-0 tie
- If a team does not have enough players, missing injured or away, it will be entered as a 5-0 forfeit
Note: The make up date of April 2nd is reserved for weather related events.
In an effort to enable teams with lower roster numbers due to missing players the minimum number required to play has been lowered to 9 skaters and 1 goalie.
Note: The maximum affiliates per game is still 3
When communicating with the Regional Directors the following MUST be included: